(blogging from a tiny kitchen)

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Eat on $30: Day 7

Last night was Erik's company Christmas party, so we got to dine like quasi-royalty for zero dollars. We left Eliza with our friend Akina for the evening, and they both had a great time. I was worried about leaving Eliza for the first time, but it was really nice to get to act like a grown-up for a while. Of course, after a couple of hours we both missed Eliza something fierce, and couldn't wait to get her back in our arms. A big THANK YOU to Ms. Adderley for being brave enough to take on a separation-anxious seven-month-old.

Dinner tonight is going to be scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and that last big honkin' potato. I love having breakfast for dinner; it's oddly sinful, and feels kind of like you're violating the space/time continuum.

I've yet to use the ground turkey or the chicken thighs I bought, so I'm going to freeze them for future use. So, even though I've been using up the cache of odds and ends in my kitchen, I am also adding to the stores. I have no doubt the frozen meats will come in handy some week when our budget is stretched to its limit.

I picked up coffee yesterday, for a grand total of $2.69. So, unless something comes up today that requires another purchase, we're well under budget for the week. If I decide to continue this experiment for another week (which I probably will), I'll roll that $5.59 into next week's budget.

TOTAL
Spent: $24.41
Left: $5.59

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.